“A plan is nothing, planning is everything.”
Dwight D. Eisenhower
My bucket list:
- Become a better father and friend.
- Get involved with Geeks Without Borders (or similar nerd-centric humanitarian agency) and do more at the intersection of technology and philanthropy.
- Get better at woodworking and metalworking.
- Turn GSG into a full-time job.
- Learn to be a decent cook.
- Learn to play the guitar.
- Finish writing my book on technology, innovation, and leadership tentatively titled “Don’t Let The Bits Byte”.
- Pursue a PhD in Physical-Cyber Security.
- Do more stargazing through the telescope.
- Do more photography.
- Indulge in more reading.
- Travel to 100 countries.
- Return to Philmont.
- Thru hike the AT and PCT
- Buy a boat
- Learn to fly
- Die with $0 to my name, but surrounded by family and friends.
“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”